If you are already interested in our Basketball Summer Camp in Gran Canaria, you should know what the price includes:
- Full board
- Skill practices
- Trainings on the beach
- Physical conditioning
- Indoor pool and weight room
- Friendly games
- Diploma of attendance
- Batch of corporate products
- Visits to Museo Elder, Poema del Mar and Aqualand
- Welcome and farewell dinners
- Accident insurance
This event will be developed on the island of Gran Canaria, which belongs to the archipelago of the Canary Islands (Spain), geographically close to Africa. “The little continent” is its touristic nickname, which refers to all the countless experiences you may live and that will make every day worth it. Furthermore, you will be able to discover diverse beaches and landscapes that the island hides on almost a 236 Km. coastline under a soft sun that may well tan you.
What’s more, being on an island facilitates your training on different surfaces, such as the Dunes in Maspalomas, one of our players’ favourite places, as it includes a reinvigorating bath in the Atlantic Ocean.
Moving onto another topic, the Grancanarian capital has a varied cultural and leisure time offer and that is the reason why this event has chosen three different visits/outings to be carried out:
- Museo Elder is an organization that spreads the knowledge of Science and Technology where you can find temporary exhibitions, a digital planetarium, a huge 3D room and several exhibitions about Technology, Physics, Maths, Astronomy, Biology, Medicine and Geology.
- Poema del Mar Aquarium: A visit involves discovering three different areas: surface marine ecosystems, deep marine ecosystems and fresh water species. The ‘Deep Sea’ is the third area that culminates the tour of the aquarium with the largest curved window exposition in the world.
- Aqualand: aquatic park located in Maspalomas with numerous rides to amuse its visitors.
Atlantic Club Boarding School is very close to Universidad de Las Palmas de Gran Canaria and Universidad Atlántico Medio. It is located in a quiet place, surrounded by nature and connected to the principal artery of the capital of Gran Canaria.
This boarding school possesses 60 rooms: 53 single rooms and 7 twin rooms with a 67 guest accomodation, which can be extended to 120 with some bunk beds, if needed. Every room has a bathroom, a wardrobe, a desk and air-conditioning.
Furthermore, it has a multi-purpose room, a study room, a TV room, gardens, terraces, as well as these services: 24 hour reception, WIFI in sharing areas, controlled access parking, daily room cleaning, change of sheets and towels every three days and laundry.
Finally, the Atlantic Club Boarding School is surrounded by sport facilities; basketball, tennis and volleyball courts; a football pitch; a gym; and a brand new indoor swimming pool.
VISIT TO BARCELONA
The Basket + Summer Camp 2018 destines its last three days to visit Barcelona. The
capital of Catalonia, one of the 19 Autonomous Communities of Spain, is also known as
the most cosmopolitan city in the country, always the latest in European fashion, art
and cuisine trends. There is little wonder that Barcelona has been the scene of various
international events that have helped to consolidate, develop and give it worldwide
exposure, such as the 1992 Olympic Games.
In that sense, it is totally impossible to see all its wealth in three days, but, without a
doubt, it gives time to visit its most outstanding points of interest, such as the Sagrada
Familia, Park Güell, Montjuic Castle, Tibidabo or Camp Nou.